Policy & Procedures
Policy & Procedures
Chico Paws and Claws is based out of our home. We ask that you please respect our privacy and abide by the hours we have posted or make special arrangements.
Hours of Operation
*Please call to schedule pick up & drop offs during one of the times listed below:
Monday - Sunday
- 7:00am - 9:00am Check in/out
- 4:00pm - 6:00pm Check in/out
SPECIAL arrangements may be made during off hours for an additional charge.
We are closed for drop-offs and pick-ups on Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
NOTE: There is a 2 Night minimum for Dog Boarding on weekends and holidays.
By appointment only.
All dogs for dog walking, daycare, home visits and boarding at Chico Paws and Claws must meet the following health and safety requirements:
- Dogs must be well socialized and not show any protective behavior around toys, food or kennels. Owners must certify that their dogs have not harmed or shown any aggressive or threatening behavior toward people or other dogs.
- Dogs must not have extreme anxiety issues when kenneled. (If you are unsure, you may want to consider bringing your dog to Chico Paws and Claws for one night, prior to an extended vacation).
- Dogs must NOT be repetitive barkers indoors or outdoors.
- All dogs must be spayed or neutered if over 6 months of age.
- All dogs must be clean and in good health.
- All dogs must be free from any condition which could potentially jeopardize other guests. Please DO NOT bring your dog to Chico Paws and Claws if they are not well.
- All dogs must be on some type of flea/tick treatment program.
- A vaccination certificate is required for each dog.
MUST be given by a veterinarian. We do not accept self-administered vaccinations.
DHPP - 3 years
Distemper/Parvo Combination (DHPP) protects against several potentially fatal diseases. D - Distemper, H - Hepatatis, P - Parainfluenza, P - Parvovirus.
Rabies - 3 years
Rabies protects against the very serious disease that can be fatal to all mammals (including humans).
Bordetella - 1 Year
Bordetella (also known as Kennel Cough) helps prevent or reduce the severity of this serious respiratory infection that can lead to pneumonia.
All dogs boarding and/or using our Dog Daycare Services MUST initially pass a temperament test before making a reservation at Chico Paws and Claws. Please call to schedule a tour.
Deposit, Reservations & Cancellation Policy:
Please cancel any scheduled dog walking or daycare appointments 24 hours ahead of scheduled day, otherwise you will be charged full price for that one day. Sorry, but we sometimes fill up and turn people away.
To schedule Pet sitting or Dog boarding at our facilities you must pay a deposit to reserve your spot. If you cancel this reservation within 1 week of your scheduled dog boarding, you forfeit the entire deposit.
Reservation Deposit is $50 to reserve weekend spot and $150 to reserve 1 week spot or longer. Your deposit will be applied towards your total bill when you pick up your dog. Thank you for your cooperation!